30 Aug 8 Tips to optimize the Product Listing in Amazon
Our Vendor and Seller customers are increasing their sales in Amazon. Defining an appropriate strategy, prioritizing products and executing actions in a coherent and coordinated manner has been key. But the little details of everyday life are the ones that make the difference, those initially remain invisible to the eyes but shine brightly when are discovered.
What are those details? We understand as details all the areas can be optimized in the product detail page, with its titles, specifications and contents. In this post, we are going to talk about the importance of the optimization of the detail page and we are going to comment you 8 aspects to take into account for it.
Optimization of product lists (Product Listing)
Miracles do not exist. All the brands with the highest number of sales on Amazon have an extensive product catalogue. This is what we call product listing and is nothing more than all the information available on the product detail pages.
Optimizing is also a word used very often and with it we mean devoting time and affection to the detail page, revising it constantly, coherently and always keeping in mind the fundamental objective we are looking for the product we are working with.
In Amazing we are very clear about what needs to be optimized and we want to share it with all of you. There are 8 Tips to help Vendors and Sellers to optimize their catalogue correctly. Do not forget you have to be constant and what today is “current” in 3 weeks it’s not anymore.
- Optimization of keywords which is nothing more than the famous keywords. We have those of Front End (those are seen) and those of Back End (those are not seen but are key for our clients to find us in their searches).
- Adaptation of the titles to Amazon’s own taxonomy. Whether you sell in Vendor or Seller format, there is a title taxonomy to comply or Amazon will reject the publication of the detail file. The taxonomy of Vendor is much more inflexible than the Seller but it is not decisive for the organic positioning of the product or the user search. The title is key so the user, when reading it, considers if the product corresponds to what he is looking for and for that reason he will “click” to look for more information on the matter.
- Include the technical details of the product. Most customers are not considering searching by filters on Amazon. In other words, those who do not search by words but enter the category of the product they are looking for and there, on the right side, they point out those key aspects that they want their product contemplate and activate the “search” button. If you have not filled in your complete product datasheet, you will not appear in those searches and you will be losing customers. It is an arduous and boring task but it is necessary to do it.
- Incorporation of positive customer feedback into product specifications. The product specifications are the “bullets” that follow the title. It is important if we detect positive comments in our user ratings or reviews, which have already bought and tested the product from us, include them as a differentiating aspect. For example, if we are with a product in capsule format, if we observe everyone says they are very easy to swallow and of a great size, we include these aspects because they can be the ones that make the customer decide for our product and not for the competition.
- Attend to product questions and answers. When a customer asks a product-related question, it’s because they’re interested. Therefore, it is better the manufacturer/distributor is the one who answers this question because his answer will be more professional and credible than any user. Users who have bought this product will receive an email from Amazon asking if they can answer the question and, in many cases, either answer incorrectly or respond with another aspect that has nothing to do with the one being asked and, obviously, as a salesperson we are not interested.
- Learning from customers and applying improvements to suggestions or complaints in products. This aspect is spun to the one mentioned in point 4. There is much to learn from complaints. Aspects like, for example, the product arrived without a seal or it was not the same as the picture shown, help us to improve and to monitor aspects that at some point we have not dedicated time to and that thanks to the comments we can stop or get them to never happen again.
- Use descriptions that fall in love and tell the story of the product. When a potential customer comes to the product description, it is because he needs a little push to make the purchase. Therefore, this space is perfect to reaffirm him in the purchase so you have to deploy all the charms to convince him.
- Pictures adapted to Amazon and visible on both computer and mobile. Yes, it seems obvious but it is not. The fact of the pictures can be seen on the mobile and on the computer is something all of us who dedicate ourselves to digital business have in mind, but reality surpasses fiction. It’s very common doesn’t happen in Amazon, so in Amazing we keep repeating it to our clients and controlling it conscientiously. We also reiterate the need to have pictures adapted to the platform. On the detail page there is room for 7 photos and a video. But it’s not a question of filling all the gaps with just any photo. The pictures reinforce the purchase and must meet certain characteristics to be accepted by Amazon and also be relevant. We will talk about it in another article because it is of vital importance and relevance, affecting very directly the sales of the product.
And these 8 actions have to be done in each products of the catalogue we have uploaded on Amazon. Therefore, the importance of a viable strategy and well planned in time, the knowledge of every products on sale, knowing how the category works in which they are and daily tracking is essential for the presence in Amazon is profitable and positive for the brand.
In Amazing we have it very clear and we have specialists in each area to get the most out of the catalogues of our customers to increase sales exponentially month by month. We work on all available platforms: Vendor Central and Seller Central and under the three available modalities: Vendor, Seller FBA and Seller FBM. We also offer a 360 service in Amazon covering both strategy as analytics (the famous Amazon ARA report), advertising services (both AMS and AMG), product catalogue management and optimization, reviews, promotions…; that is to say, any aspect related to the Amazon platform and to the day-to-day management of the Central Vendor or Central Seller platform.
You can count on the Amazing team, a company that brings together specialists with years of experience at Amazon under a single methodology. To get a proposal without commitment, you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org